The XXVI International Conference "TransBaltica 2024"
DATE and VENUE: May 23, 2024
Transport and Telecommunication Institute (TSI), 1 Lomonosova Street, Riga, Latvia, LV-1019
TIME: 10:00 AM - 2:30 PM
WORKING LANGUAGES: Latvian, English
The main topics of the XXIV International Conference "TransBaltica 2024" will focus on trends and prospects for the development of the international transport and transit services market, the development of the Baltic transit sector, and transportation infrastructure projects in united Europe, considering the industry's operation under sanctions against Russia and Belarus.
Discussion topics at the 2024 conference:
I. Perspectives and priorities for the development of the transport complex and transit potential of the Baltic region, Western Europe, and Asia
- Strategic priorities of the EU transport sector in the face of possible economic downturn
- The Asian vector in the economy and international logistics
- Development prospects of Baltic transport and transit systems
- Transnational cooperation and major investment projects in the transport sector
- Government support for innovative projects in the transport sector
- EU's commitment to developing green transport
- Rail Baltica project: priorities and changes
- Perspectives and limitations of global transport corridors and major infrastructure projects.
II. Liberalization and competition in the freight transport market towards the Baltic countries. Improving transport system infrastructure: collaboration between ports, railways, and road companies
- Enhancing the competitiveness of Baltic transport infrastructure in the Eurasian transport complex
- Continuous development of transport process integration and related modes of transport
- Competitiveness of Baltic ports and railways in the context of Baltic economic security
- Logistics solutions from Asia to Europe through Baltic countries: challenges and prospects
- Road and intermodal transport
- Competitiveness of Baltic airlines
- Market reset in transportation services: breaking established routes or new opportunities
- Navigating the sanction environment and preventing violations
- Development strategy for transport companies and cost optimization in times of economic downturn
- Logistics: risks and new opportunities for logistics centers
- Logistics in e-commerce
- IT solutions in transportation and logistics
- Pace of digitization in the transport industry
Invited to participate in the conference: leaders of international and Baltic transport and transit companies, representatives of government institutions and industries, employees of financial institutions and investment companies, representatives of committees and associations for the development of international transport infrastructure, and representatives of scientific and academic institutions.